The ‘Black National Anthem’, ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’, is a powerful hymn that celebrates freedom, acknowledges the struggles of the past, and expresses hope for the future. The song begins with a call to celebrate liberty and ends with a prayer for guidance. It serves as a reminder of the journey towards freedom and the resilience of those who have fought for it.
|Words to Black National Anthem Lyrics
- The song is a call to celebrate freedom. It starts with “Lift every voice and sing, ‘Til earth and heaven ring, Ring with the harmonies of Liberty”.
- It acknowledges the struggles of the past. The lyrics say “Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us”.
- The song expresses hope for the future. This is reflected in the line “Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us”.
- It talks about the journey towards freedom. The lyrics mention “Stony the road we trod, Bitter the chastening rod, Felt in the days when hope unborn had died”.
- The song ends with a prayer for guidance. The final lines are “God of our weary years, God of our silent tears, Thou who has brought us thus far on the way; Thou who has by Thy might Led us into the light, Keep us forever in the path, we pray”.
This PDF is free to download from public sources and can legally be used for education. We follow copyright laws and only share books that are free to use for school, teaching, and self-study. If you have concerns about the book's source or use, please contact us at [email protected].