This textbook provides an even-handed overview of Texas politics and government from historical, developmental, and analytical perspectives. It covers topics like the state constitution, party competition, and the Governor’s powers. The 6th edition includes updated analysis of recent elections, legislative sessions, Rick Perry’s tenure as Governor, and new issues like voter ID laws, abortion laws, state budgets and taxation, and university governance controversies.
Governing Texas 6th Edition PDF in English
|PDF Title||Governing Texas 6th Edition|
|File Size||10 MB|
- Approaches Texas politics from historical, developmental, and analytical perspectives. Provides an even-handed description of the state’s government and politics.
- Covers the origins and development of Texas’ constitution, party competition, the Governor’s powers, state/local government structure, and more.
- Includes pedagogical features like chapter objectives, summaries, key terms, review questions, figures, and timelines.
- The new edition assesses Rick Perry’s tenure as Governor and recent elections, legislative sessions, and current issues.
- Analyzes new topics like state constitutional conventions, secession, voter ID laws, abortion laws, state budgets/taxation, and university governance battles.