After gallbladder surgery, follow a progressive diet starting with clear liquids, moving to low fat foods for 2-3 weeks, then slowly reintroducing high fat foods one at a time. Go slow, limit fats initially, and allow 4-6 weeks for your body to adapt to life without the gallbladder before resuming a normal diet.
Post Gallbladder Surgery Diet Menu PDF in English
|PDF Title||Post Gallbladder Surgery Diet Menu PDF|
|File Size||100 KB|
- Start with clear liquids only after surgery – Things like water, clear broth, juice without pulp, popsicles, gelatin. Avoid milk, cream, alcohol.
- Move to low fat foods after a few days – Choose foods low in total fat and saturated fat. Avoid fried foods, fatty meats, whole milk dairy.
- Reintroduce high fat foods slowly – After 2-3 weeks on the low fat diet, start adding small amounts of higher fat foods one at a time every few days.
- Pay attention to your body – Notice if high fat foods cause pain, gas, bloating. Avoid any foods that cause discomfort.
- Give your body time to adjust – It can take 4-6 weeks for your body to adapt to digesting fats without the gallbladder. Go slow and be patient.