A good sleep surface is highly crucial for enhancing sleep quality, and you should not overlook it. Also, keep this in your mind that a mattress for your home is a necessity but not a luxury.
Choosing the right mattress is quite a tough task as there is a wide range of product available in the market. But there are mainly two types of mattress which are quite popular among the users. They are spring mattress and foam mattress.
Spring Mattress Vs Foam Mattress:
If you are confused between these two, then here is a guide which will explain the difference between the two and provide you a good insight into choosing the best one.
- The spring mattresses are the conventional ones and comprise of metal coils. It provides support to your back but not quite adequate like a foam mattress.
- Furthermore, the pressure of the coils causes pains and aches on your back during sleep. It does not mold according to your body shape at all. Due to the coil system, a spring mattress comes with a shorter lifespan and sags sooner or later.
- On the contrary, to this, a foam mattress assists for a great night sleep by distributing your body weight equally and support your pressure points to eradicate all those pains and aches.
- Unlike spring mattress a foam mattress is free from sagging and keep up its shape on the long run. It also houses a longer lifespan as compared to the spring ones, and you can use this for around 20 years.
- It also furnishes minimal maintenance, unlike a spring mattress.
Read Also: Best Mattress in India.
Here are some more difference between a spring mattress and a foam mattress.
Due to the material being used in a spring mattress, it comes with a lower price tag than a foam mattress. But you can get a foam mattress as well with a budget price
Both the mattress are indeed quite durable, but in the long run, a foam mattress will provide you much sturdiness. The spring ones become prone to sagging after a certain period. You can also experience a decrease in comfort.
In terms of support, a foam mattress is best in the long run. It eradicates the back pain and keeps the shape of your spine in a natural position.
In general, a foam mattress is not good at distributing the body heat; it retains the heat and makes it quite uncomfortable for sleep. On the other hand, a spring mattress is much cooler than the foam one and allows you a comfortable sleep.
But if a foam mattress is your ultimate choice, then you may go for the hybrid one, in which you can experience a blend of foam as well as a spring mattress.
The initial experience with a foam mattress is a bit uncomfortable due to its smell. It releases an unpleasant smell which is not tolerable. Whereas a spring mattress comes with odour-free feature.
But remember the smell of a foam mattress fades away over time. Hence if you can ignore the smell for some days, then it can be a good option for your good night sleep for sure.
There are lots of noticeable difference between a spring and foam mattress. But the final decision depends on your requirements and preferences.
Both mattresses feature some of the good advantages and disadvantages too. Hence the selection is completely dependent on your preferences. Before going with the best one, make good research considering your need and choose the best one for yourself.
Here is the Guide on How To Choose A Mattress which will help you.