Grounding techniques relieve distress by redirecting your focus outward through mental, physical, soothing, social, and task-oriented activities that bring awareness to your senses, body, surroundings, and connections.
List of Grounding Techniques PDF in English
|PDF Title||List of Grounding Techniques|
|File Size||100 KB|
- Mental grounding focuses your mind by noticing your surroundings using your 5 senses – sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste.
- Physical grounding gets you in touch with your body through movements like stretching, walking, or splashing cold water on your face.
- Soothing grounding relieves stress through self-care like deep breathing, meditation, listening to music, or being wrapped in a blanket.
- Social grounding connects you to others through calling a friend, hugging a loved one, or being in a crowded public place.
- Task-oriented grounding keeps you busy with an activity like cleaning, gardening, cooking, or counting objects around you.
This PDF is free to download from public sources and can legally be used for education. We follow copyright laws and only share books that are free to use for school, teaching, and self-study. If you have concerns about the book’s source or use, please get in touch with us at [email protected].